Borne out of his desire to be more familiar with his people, feel their pulse and extend hand of fellowship to those who are in dire need especially churches outside the archdeaconry seat, the Diocesan had included in his itinerary to pay a visit to all archdeaconries ( churches ) in the diocese.

First of such visit was held on visit for this year on Saturday, March 25, 2017 to Orile – Ilugun Archdeaconry.


On arrival at the archdeaconry headquarters St. James Church, Orile Ilugun , the bishop and his entourage were warmly welcomed by members of the archdeaconry. Baba was accompanied with some venerables to the archdeaconry.

The Diocesan performed a foundation laying ceremony of two blocks of building, one a residential en- suite of five rooms and the other four sets of shops in the premises of the church. Before the foundation laying ceremony, he explained his reason for the visit  which he likened it to that of the Apostle Paul on three occasions to check  the welfare of churches spiritually and physically. HE also encouraged the congregation to be at breast with various development around them. He took his text from Acts 19.

Baba Egba encouraged them to be steadfast and hold on to the faith.


At Bakatari, he encouraged the parishioners to be warm to visitors that attend their church. He said this will in effect boost the financial strength of the church since the town is witnessing growth. Having in mind that their own wards are also strangers in their various places of abode.

He further admonished them to be more fervent in prayers so that the church can have more impact on the people living around the church and the entire town. In response, the church through their spokesman appreciated Baba Egba for his love and concern for his churches and also pleaded with the Diocesan to assist in every wise to complete the Church’s vicarage under construction.

The Rt. Revd. E.O Adekunle implored them to respect, honour and cooperate with their vicar Revd. Adeniyi to have their dreams actualized and also move the church forward.

Prayer was said by Ven. Adedayo Awodun for the church and town followed by the Diocesan benediction.


After traveling for over an hour, the bishop and his entourage finally arrived at Oloke Meji, a renowned for its trade activities due to the railway station situated there but now a shadow of itself. The first point of call was the rail station and the postal agency but beside it  the skeletal services has resumed at the station now.

The diocesan later paid a courtesy call on the Baale of the village who warmly welcomed him and his team.Baba Egba in his speech asked the Baale for the original site of the Anglican Church in the village or an alternative new site be given. The Baale replied the bishop that efforts will be set in place to locate the site of the church but if not the village was willing to give another portion of land to the diocese for free.

The Diocesan appreciated the head of the village for the hand of love extended by the villagers but promised to do the needful in case the diocese will be allowed again in the village within the shortest possible time.

Prayers were then offered by Ven. J.O. Odebunmi for our host and the visiting team.


Olofin, a village not far from Orile Ilugun about three kilometres from the main road was the next point of callOn arrival, the Diocesan met anxious parishioners who had been waiting for him.

He expressed his delight at their warm reception extended to the men of God working with them. He inquired of them their needs and challenges which they told him. He then promised that was that will be attended to. The bishop prayed for the church and village.


The people at St. Andrews Church,Kila were delighted to have the bishop in their church and expressed gratitude to God for being part of the historical visit.

The Bishop implored them to be committed to do things of God and support their vicar. Venerable E.T.O Akosile offered prayers for the church while the diocesan pronounced blessings on them. The Kila visit ended the tour for the day after which the diocesan and his entourage returned to Abeokuta.